The next generation in lavish chauffeured cars is coming, and it is a Bentley. The 2014 Bentley Mulsanne is even more snotty and demanding than its siblings, but we wouldn’t have it any other way! The interior amenities are absolutely incredible, with a few new exterior color schemes to attract attention! Will this luxe new version make it to our lineup of Bentley rentals?
Watch the commercial for the new Mulsanne above, featuring Jackie Chan as a chauffeur!
Bentley needs to cater to the burgeoning Chinese market as well as create the standard for all that a chauffeured car should be. Hey, when your competitors include the likes of Rolls Royce, it is best to stay on top of your game.
In China, being chauffeured is far more commonplace than in the U.S. or Europe.
What is inside the new Mulsanne:
- New Comfort Specification package. Rear passengers can now manually control special wings on the headrests (designed to fold neatly to avoid creasing). The headrests can be lowered and raised, to accommodate a greater range of passenger statures.
- Footrests trimmed with carpet to match the interior are hidden beneath the seats until needed. No more feet on the back of the chairs! Not that I have ever pulled that move in a Bentley…I have been forced to place my knees there in smaller cabins.
- The ultimate in privacy. A power-operated rear privacy curtain is fully integrated into the rear door and window frames. This option provides better full coverage than an insurance policy and comes in black or white.
- A new Entertainment Specification offers the latest for mobile devices and connectivity. There are a pair of 8-inch LCD headrest screens linked to a 20GB hard drive and a DVD player. Hook up the Bluetooth headphones to hide your Brittany Spears songs from the driver.
- Finally, armrest storage compartments lined in leather offer a place to stow smartphones and loose hundred dollar bill wads.
The exterior options:
While Bentley is famous for being fairly bespoke, these are the 3 highlighted exterior options for this model:
- Dark Cashmere (gray)
- Portofino (pale blue)
- Damson (purple)
Interior leather recommendations are Damson (this time a rich red to compliment the purple Damson exterior), Saffron (neutral) and Brunel (a warm gray). As always, Bentley will accept additional cash to customize the car in any color desired, inside and out. The 2014 Bentley Mulsanne will debut at the 2013 Geneva auto show in March, with orders taken in April.
Post by Imagine Lifestyles Luxury Rentals