The much-anticipated 2015 Lexus RC F has been officially unveiled at the Detroit Auto Show. While it remains in the final stages of development, most spilled details are solid. The RC F is bold and teasing the masses with promises of explosive power to match its aggressive countenance.
Lexus has hinted at a high-performance fleet, and the new RC F is quite the addition to that goal.
Since the release of the first-ever Lexus supercar, the LFA, the brand has clearly been busy. The word is that Lexus is creating its very own high-performance supercar lineup, however slowly they are going about it. I suppose perfection takes time.
The high performance Lexus cars feature that prominent grille that looks like it could suck in an aircraft. Some love the look, some loathe it, but it appears here to stay. The entire Lexus RC F is powerfully configured to convey a car capable of speed and eye-popping design.
The 2015 Lexus RC F at a glance:
- Naturally aspirated 5.0-liter V8 engine said to exceed 450 horses. Remember, it is still in final development, so these figures could be altered.
- It is the most powerful V8 from Lexus thus far.
- It will be the first Lexus to offer Atkinson Cycle combustion technology. Not to be confused with the fad diet, this cycle improves fuel efficiency under typical driving conditions.
- The RWD is mated to an 8-speed automated transmission.
- Torque Vectoring Differential with 3 programs give the driver control on the road or the track. If you buy a car like this, you want to try it on the track.
- Lexus LFA style rear spoiler deploys at speeds over 50 miles per hour and retracts under 25 mph.
- 19-inch forged alloy wheels finish off the curb appeal.
As if the exterior and powertrain were not thrilling enough, the cabin also has it going on. Check out the elliptical rim steering wheel, instrument panel, touchscreen interface and other goodies.
We should not have to wait long for any changes, as the Lexus RC F is expected to grace showrooms as early as fall.
Post by Imagine Lifestyles Luxury Rentals