Mercedes-Benz is adding a new member to its Guard family, which has been expanding. The armored Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV is slated for production and may be called the M-Guard. This will be a less conspicuous version than the M-Class converted Popemobile last year!
The Mercedes-Benz Guard line includes nine models designed to defend against ballistic attacks. The brand revealed a few sneak details of the armored M-Class, like that the production process integrates protective elements into the raw shell from the first step.
Features of the armored Mercedes-Benz M-Class include:
- Ability to withstand bullets from weapons including the .356 Magnum and .44 Magnum
- Ability to withstand impact from a DM51 hand grenade. You know, in case someone is seriously upset with you at the grocery.
- Optional floor armor
- The passenger compartment is coated in armor, including roof frame, door locks, gaps and exterior mirror mounts
- Windows are glazed to defend against shards
- Run flat tires can go approximately 20 miles at 50 miles per hour with zero air
- The exterior may be all business, but the interior is ultra-luxe. The cabin boasts leather trim, Mercedes infotainment system and quality sound system.
- Pricing for the M-Guard starts around $135,000 USD. The extremely equipped version is more. The standard M-Class starts around $50,000, by contrast!
- Other Mercedes Guard models include the S, E and G-Class lines
Who buys armored luxury vehicles?
Vehicles of this magnitude are typically purchased by heads of states, high-ranking government officials, executives in third-world countries and nations with security issues. Armored vehicles make up a smaller but growing market niche around the world, according to Kelley Blue Book executive editorial director Jack Nerad. With the demand for armored vehicles on the rise, it is not a surprise that companies like Mercedes are now competing with the traditional vendors for a piece of the action.
Rent a Mercedes-Benz from Imagine Lifestyles for your next business event, we offer the latest from the brand!
Post by Imagine Lifestyles Luxury Rentals