The 2008 Aston Martin V12 DBS that starred along side 007 in “Quantum of Solace” is hitting the luxury auction block this October. The famous sports car will be exiting its exhibit at the National Motor Museum in England in efforts to raise funds for charity.
The Aston Martin DBS is one of seven used in filming “Quantum of Solace.”
The sale will coincide with the 50th anniversary of “Dr. No”, the first James Bond film. The invitation-only auction will be held at Christie’s, where the black car is expected to nab $230,000 USD. The money raised will benefit Bernardo’s, a British children’s charity. Our Aston Martin rentals may not be famous, but they are just as powerful– should you wish to shake things up (or stir).
Overall, there will be around 40 pieces of Bond film history up for grabs at auction and online auction. The proceeds for sales will support various causes, including the above mentioned children’s charity and UNICEF.
Many of the items were donated by EON Productions, producer of the “official” Bond films (and, of course, the good people at Aston Martin)
Other interesting 007 memorabilia available next month:
• Silk wrap dress worn by Halle Berry in “Die Another Day” ($3,200)
• Sunglasses worn by Daniel Craig in “Quantum of Solace”
• Special edition Bond books by Ian Fleming ($15,900)
• Planet Ocean watch worn by Craig in “Skyfall” (yet to be released, $9,500)
• Blue swim shorts from “Casino Royale” ($4,800)
• Pre-production BMW Z28 replica roadster from “The World Is Not Enough” ($40,000)
• Director’s chair and clapperboard from “Golden Eye” ($1,300)
• Space shuttle model from “Moonraker” ($12,800)
• Bullet buckle belt worn by Christopher Lee in “The Man with the Golden Gun ($1,600)
• First edition of “On Her Majesty’s Secret Service” with autograph of Ian Fleming ($6,400)
Fun fact: Aston Martin first appeared in “Goldfinger” in 1964, followed by 8 other films
Will these 007 wheels sell fast?
Post by Imagine Lifestyles Luxury Rentals