Top 5 Golf Courses In Chicago
Chicago, IL, the 3rd largest city in the United States, has a tremendous selection of incredible golf courses well within driving distance of the city. Many residents head north to Wisconsin or Michigan, south to Myrtle Beach, or west to Scottsdale to find top-notch golf courses when there are plenty right here in the city that are just as attractive. Imagine Lifestyles has compiled a list of our top 5 courses in the city or surrounding areas that we would recommend all clients play sooner than later.
1. Medinah Country Club
2. Cog Hill
3. Balmoral Woods
5. The Glen Club
1. Medinah Country Club. (6N001 Medinah Road, Medinah, IL) A golfing paradise for Chicago’s elite since 1925, you better hope you know someone before heading out with your clubs to Medinah CC. One of Chicago’s most elite golf memberships, not just anyone gets the privilege of playing this 54-Hole Country Club. This course has been host to numerous professional events and majors, including the host course for the Ryder Cup in 2012.
2. Cog Hill. (12294 Archer Avenue, Lemont, IL) Featuring four 18-hole masterpieces, Cog Hill has recently been voted as the best place you can play golf in Illinois and was also recently given 4 stars by Golf Digest. Most of you will want to reserve a tee time at the most famous “Dubsdread” course #4. This is where the Western Open used to be played and where the BMW Championship now is played. Play the same course PGA pros struggle with every summer without the membership fees.
3. Balmoral Woods. (26732 S. Balmoral Woods Drive, Crete, IL) Located about 40 minutes from the loop, Balmoral Woods is laid out over 280 acres of rolling hills and wooded areas that will challenge any golfer. Often rated as a top public course in Chicago, this truly is a must play for any avid golfer.
4. Ivanhoe. (28846 N. Thorngate Drive, Mundelein, IL) Completed in 1991, this is one of Chicago’s youngest, yet most prestigious, country clubs. Originally offering 18 holes of championship golf, a $4.5M renovation in 2003 brought 9 more holes to the club’s offerings. Now 16 years old, this club is truly one of Chicago’s finest and is continuing to make its’ mark as one of Chicago’s finest golf courses.
5. The Glen Club. (2901 Westlake Avenue, Glenview, IL) Opened in July of 2001, this Tom Fazio design is also one of Chicago’s newest additions to the elite golf course scene. One highlight of this north shore course is the multiple views of the Chicago skyline from various holes. This public masterpiece, which will run you about $175 a round, is a very fair golf course but will also challenge even the most avid low handicapper in your group. Corporate memberships are also available.
Imagine Lifestyles understands that golf trips out of the city are necessary in January and February due to inclement weather. However, in the next few months, Chicago has way too many incredible golf courses that are here right under our noses to necessitate a flight and hotel to play golf. Next time you are planning a day of golf with clients or friends, make sure to target some of Chicago’s finest courses. Remember to contact Imagine Lifestyles Chicago for all of your transportation needs to and from each golf course. Whether you want a chauffeured vehicle for your whole foursome or an exotic luxury rental to show up the rest of your group in the parking lot, Imagine Lifestyles can accommodate any and all requests.
Next time you are in Chicago check out our fleet of Chicago exotic rental cars.
Post by Imagine Lifestyles Luxury Rentals