When you are leading the exotic sports car market in the speed and pricing departments, it is important to keep a watchful eye in that rearview mirror for competitors…like Croatia’s sneaky Rimac Concept One! It has been tweaked a bit, but the all-electric EV supercar is seeking to rival the top dogs and is certainly fetching!
The wheels on the Rimac are sharp
• Rimac is the brainchild of 24-year old Mate Rimac, auto entrepreneur and designer
• Do not let the name fool you—Rimac is not a concept car but an actual production-ready model
• They claim it packs as much power as a Bugatti with stylings that rival Ferrari (1,088 horses to match the Bugatti Veyron…not the Super Sport, however)
• All of the above without the need for gasoline
• 372 miles on a single charge
• 0-62 sprint in 3 seconds with a top speed of 190 miles per hour (no where near the speed of the Veyron SS, but an admirable beginning!)
The Rimac Concept One
How it works:
The Rimac Concept One utilizes a 92-kWh battery to power four sets of electric motors (one for each wheel). Each motor operates independently, accelerating and decelerating hundreds of times per second in what the brand calls “All-Wheel Torque Vectoring”.
Just 88 examples of this electric wonder will be created, and they are estimated to emerge at $1 million each. Does Rimac have what it takes to compete with the likes of Fisker with its Karma and Atlantic, Tesla and other top players? While it may seem crazy, this is a start-up that is coming out of the gate with pricing to mirror a Bugatti…never underestimate an opponent! It will be fascinating to see what happens with this new venture.
Post by Imagine Lifestyles Luxury Rentals