Previously we highlighted the upcoming Pinnacle Portfolio sale by RM Sotheby’s that is about to take place in Monterey, California. Among the coveted collection is a 1960 Ferrari 250 GT SWB Berlinetta Competizione. This Ferrari is one of the most valuable collector pieces in the world, and RM Sotheby’s has emailed us with further details.
This remarkable and rare Ferrari 250 GT underwent an extensive $650,000 restoration process prior to auction. What sum shall she fetch when the time comes? It is likely to make heads roll! Photos courtesy and © RM Sotheby’s.
The 1960 Ferrari 250 GT SWB Berlinetta Competizione at a glance:
- Chassis 1773GT is a competition Berlinetta, as the name implies. One of just 45 alloy-bodied Competizione cars created in its time.
- The engine is a 2,953 cc SOHC Colombo V12 with 3 Weber 40 DCL6 carburetors mated to a 4-speed manual transmission.
- Independent front suspension with parallel A-arms and coils, robust rear axle and 4-wheel Dunlop disc brakes to bring her to a smooth rest.
- Racing history includes 7th overall and 5th in class from the 1960s 12 Hours of Sebring as a NART entry.
- Recent restoration investment of around $650,000 has refreshed the ride to original specifications and meets concours-level expectations.
This Ferrari 250 GT SWB Berlinetta Competizione was delivered to Ferrari experts at Motion Products Inc. prior to arriving for its slot in the Pinnacle Portfolio of RM Sotheby’s. Notice the gorgeous yellow Sebring livery, which will certainly attract many spectators at any concours events, to which this particular car is a virgin. That is correct—the lucky new owner will be the first to show off this lady in proper style. This is but one of the approximately 30 specialty vehicles slated to change hands at the Pinnacle Portfolio event. Learn more about exotic car rentals in Miami
Find a ferrari rental now too. Follow link to view the entire inventory with rich details on each and ever vehicle.
Post by Imagine Lifestyles Luxury Rentals