Move over Hennessey Venom GT, the next family member is to be even faster! The Hennessey Venom F5 aims to break records and speed limits with an array of nifty tweaks. The awesome lads at Hennessey spilled the details to our favorite chaps at Top Gear recently, and there is much to look forward to!
Word is that Hennessey is not satisfied with holding the World’s Fastest Production Car record by just a hair. The company yearns to further the reach of what is possible in terms of speed and performance for a production model supercar. There are precious few exotic sports car owners who ever take the opportunity to experience what their cars are truly capable of, but that does not mean bragging about their potential is boring.
- The horsepower is to be approaching the 1,400 mark.
- The engine for the F5 will be a sourced twin-turbo 7.0-liter V8.
- Curb weight will be approximately 2,900 pounds, which could be brought down further with a bit of finesse.
- They hope to reach speeds exceeding the current record of 270.49, which is held by the Hennessey Venom GT. The Venom GT proved it could top the Bugatti Veyron Super Sport’s 269.86. The records are apparently too close for comfort as Hennessey strives to add more space between the models.
- The transmission is to be a six-speed manual or a single-clutch paddle variety.
- In the looks arena, it will not stray far from the GT. They will source a Lotus Exige frame for it as well.
An exciting tidbit is that Hennessey will factor in technology to the Venom F5, including a GPS traction control system that users can calibrate for specific locations and tracks. Whaaaaat…
Post by Imagine Lifestyles Luxury Rentals