The hyper-hybrid that is the LaFerrari left the world singing along to a throaty tune paired with a name that even begins as a song. Next up is the LaFerrari XX, which will be the track-focused variant of the wonder car. The official introduction should happen next month at the Abu Dhabi World Finals according to Top Gear’s secret sources.
The LaFerrari XX track-focused hypercar at a glance:
- Sources say she will be the most extreme production-derived variant in the history of the Horse. With 1050bhp, she will effectively trump the standard LaFerrari’s fearsome 100bhp.
- To put those figures into perspective, that is about 50% more power than a current F1 racer. I like where this is headed.
- Initial reports of an F1 turbo V6 may not be correct. The XX may employ the same powertrain as the LaFerrari road car, which is a naturally aspirated V12 paired with an electric motor.
- The standard lady nails the 0-60 mile per hour jump in 2.9—just imagine what the XX will do.
- No, she will not be street legal. Will that little detail detour Jeremy Clarkson? I sincerely hope not.
Once the LaFerrari XX is out, it will likely not be seen out. Just like the Ferrari FXX, the LaFerrari XX models will be housed and maintained at Maranello, with their owners only getting special visitation rights. Cars of this caliber require the constant care of specially trained technical teams to keep them in prime condition. We look forward to learning more about the next-generation of the Prancing Horse’s hybrid endeavors!
Post by Imagine Lifestyles Luxury Rentals