Now that the next and final Gallardo range has been revealed, it is time to meet the racing version: the Lamborghini 2013 Super Trofeo race car. Officially dubbed the Gallardo LP 570-4 Super Trofeo, it looks about like last years with a few tweaks.
No, that is not Flava Flav. On hand to present the 2013 Super Trofeo racer was Lamborghini CEO Stephan Winkelmann.
For those unfamiliar, the Blancpain Super Trofeo Championship, it is a one-make racing series that caters to private firms and gentlemen drivers. For the 2012 and 2013 seasons, the car is the Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4. This year’s model made a dashing debut at the season finale at the Navarra race circuit in Spain, with Lamborghini CEO Stephan Winkelmann on hand to do the honors.
Outwardly, the racecar resembles its LP 560-4 Gallardo sibling
About the car:
- It is based on the chassis and performance platform of the previous year model
- The aerodynamics are improved by 120% (according to Reggiani)
- A downforce increase of 350 pounds
- 50% better brake cooling
- The new version boasts
- Svelte body with carbon fiber components: Bumpers, rear hood cover, splitter, front compartment cover, skirts, diffuser and oversized rear wing
- Alcantara interior trim
- Bucket style racing seats made from a blend of carbon fiber and Kevlar
The one-make Blancpain Super Trofeo series is now heading into its fourth year. It began in Europe and has spread to Asia with murmurs of more markets interested!
The 2012 title went to Frenchman Cédric Leimer and his crew at Autovitesse Garage R…who will take it next?
Post by Imagine Lifestyles Luxury Rentals