A special Lamborghini Zagato stole the show at Concorso d’Eleganza Villa d’Este recently. The love affair between Zagato and Lamborghini dates all the way back to 1965, when the specialty Italian design house crafted a pair of sisters from the Lamborghini 350 GTV. The Lamborghini 350 GTV was the very first Lamborghini sports car ever created–which means that this Lamborghini 5-95 Zagato serves as a distinctive nod to the past while paving the way to a bright orange future.
- She is a one-off vision of the past and present. Who wouldn’t want a slice of this orange?
- The underpinnings are based on the signature Gallardo. It began its life cycle as a donated Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4. The end result is a testament to the abilities of Zagato.
- The performance specs remain the same, powered by a 5.2-liter V10 kicking out 562 horses and 398 lb-ft of torque.
- It is AWD and hits the 0-60 mile per hour sprint in 3.0 seconds with a top speed of approximately 200 miles per hour. It would make an ideal daily driver for those with tardiness issues.
- Visual enhancements include a floating spoiler inspired by the Raptor Zagato and a firewall comprised of carbon fiber. Revised air scoop is blended to compliment the bubbly roof, pushing the cooled air to the intake manifold.
- Around her backside is a revamped rear designed for both looks and functionality.
The lucky owner of this special Lamborghini 5-95 Zagato stated: “ I always appreciated the ability of Zagato to create timeless lines with a forceful visual impact. I believe that a sensual design inspired by nature, together with the best technology, strike a perfect balance that is possible to achieve only in Italy—the 5-95 will be a fundamental piece of my collection.”
The cockpit is sporty and elegant–a rare and exotic blend.