The Laraki Motors Epitome hypercar emerged at Pebble Beach this year, and it is far more than its unprecedented appearance. With a $2 million dollar price tag and the capacity to unleash 1,750 horses, it truly is the embodiment of what the future of a supercar should be.
Is the Epitome ahead of its time in the styling arena or right on time?
The Laraki Motors Epitome breaks the standard mold of how a supercar should look. It looks like it was pinched in the middle for a pronounced waistline that only serves to showcase the extreme air intakes and flashy wheels.
The Laraki Motors Epitome supercar at a glance:
- While it looks like something out of a sci-fi film that should be hovering in space, it is actually built on a Corvette C6 chassis.
- The oversized (understatement) body panels and air intakes are comprised of carbon fiber. The air intakes look like they could easily swallow anything in its path.
- The proposed powertrain is a twin turbocharged 7.0-liter Chevy V8. This would ensure an output of 1,200 horses.
- The horsepower can be increased to a staggering 1,750 thanks to an additional fuel tank containing 110 octane. When a button is engaged, the car alters its ECU map and uses fuel from both the standard fuel tank and the octane, increasing power output.
- Svelte curb weight of 2,800 thanks to heavy incorporation of luxurious and durable carbon fiber.
The Epitome is the pet project of Abdesslam Laraki, who is actually in the yachting industry. We certainly hope his auto endeavor floats on the market.
Sadly, there will be just 9 examples of the Epitome initially created. The company has, however, hinted at plans to produce more in the future depending on demand.
Post by Imagine Lifestyles Luxury Rentals