There is a new speed demon in town: The 1,700-HP LM2 Streamliner supercar has arrived on the scene with bold claims that perhaps have the leaders of speed experiencing a touch of trepidation! Just a small percentage of startup supercar brands ever survive from concepting to production before being shutdown–but the LM2 Streamliner appears to be on a rather streamlined path to just that.
But will the LM2 Streamliner, a product of Lyons Motor Car of New York City, be a capable rival to the likes of Hennessey, Bugatti, Pagani or Koenigsegg? Let us take a look at what she offers in the power arena:
The Lyons Motor Car LM2 Streamliner at a glance:
- The body and chassis are composed of carbon fiber and aluminum, a common blend of today’s top supercars. The combo offers the ideal amount of strength and lightness.
- Output is said to be a full 1,700 horses. The engine is a twin-turbocharged 8.2-liter V8 sourced from Nelson Racing paired with a 7-speed sequential gearbox.
- Claims: The 0-60 mile per hour jump is achieved by the LM2 in a scant 2.2 seconds with a top speed approaching 290 miles per hour. Gulp. All of this has yet to be proven, but would certainly be welcomed on the market.
- To compare, the Bugatti Veryon Supersport hits the 0-60 mark in 2.2 seconds with a top speed of 267.856 miles per hour.
- The Hennessey Venom GT hits the 0-60 mark in 2.7 seconds, but beats the Bugatti Veyron by reaching 270.49 miles per hour at her top out.
Overall, much remains to be verified about the LM2 Streamliner, including an actual production run. The newcomer can be ogled at the New York Auto Show, which begins April 1st, 2015.
Post by Imagine Lifestyles Luxury Rentals