Renault translates the auto aficionado’s love for desire with the Dezir luxury concept car. This delicious take on a luxury hybrid car features an entirely electric powertrain and more than enough in the eye candy department!
Outstanding features of the Renault Dezir include:
• LED ‘eyelids’
• Silver side-blades similar to the Audi R8 style
• Sporty scissor doors
• No rear window! A pair of cameras mounted on the roof beam the rear view happenings to a display mounted where the interior mirror would typically be located
• Starts with the push of a button
• Uses the Fluence Z.E. powertrain. The Fluence is an electric sedan that was introduced at the 2009 Frankfurt auto show
• Lightweight tubular steel chassis
• Kevlar body panels
• Range of 100 miles per 8-hour charge from a household socket. Renault claims the car can be powered up to 80% within 20 minutes via a 400V quick-charge point
• Due to its stealth silence, engineers developed a special pedestrian warning sound. This sound deploys at speeds of up to 30 mph, and the pitch gets higher with acceleration to warn pedestrians of the car’s presence
The Renault Dezir is aesthetically ahead of its time and reportedly catapults from 0-62 in about five seconds. Currently, this is simply a concept car with no plans to hit the showroom, but is likely a glimpse into the future of Renault design and engineering.
Renault Dezir interior
Renault Dezir rear
Post by Imagine Lifestyles Luxury Rentals