Porsche has given the world a glorious glimpse of the 2014 Cayman lineup on the streets! Watch the 2 minute clip of the 2014 Porsche Cayman and Cayman S cars taking on the town, which is far superior to a simple photo leaked online!
These variants can be built on the Porsche configurator, but the video gives a better feel of the fleet, and the sound is a must!
The Cayman base model (pictured above) specifications and details:
- 2.7-liter water-cooled flat-6 engine. It is mounted behind the cockpit but in front of the rear axle.
- Optional 7-speed PDK transmission or standard 6-speed manual.
- Improved fuel economy. This model gets an impressive 22 miles per gallon city and 32 highway. The averages are 21/30, depending on transmission.
Cayman S model (pictured above) specifications and details:
- 3.4-liter flat-6 engine.
- 7-speed PDK transmission
- Sport Chrono performance package
- Estimated fuel economy depends on transmission and performance package selected. The average is 21/30.
- 0-60 mile per hour sprint in 4.4 seconds
- Top speed ranges from 164 to 175 miles per hour, again, depending on performance options and transmission.