Mercedes-Benz is offering something bigger for the G63 AMG fans: The Mercedes-Benz G63 AMG 6×6 beast for a mere $511,612. Compared that with the cost of the regular G63 AMG at $135,000. What makes the four-door, six-wheel sibling worth so much more money?
The Mercedes-Benz G63 AMG 6×6 is a ton of luxury vehicle for a ton of money.
The Mercedes-Benz G63 AMG 6×6 at a glance:
- It packs the same 5.5-liter twin-turbocharged V8 engine as the other G63 siblings.
- Engine is mated to the AMG Speedshift Plus 7G-Tronic automatic transmission. This has 3 drive modes: Manual, sport and controlled efficiency.
- 544 horsepower
- Six wheels make for a new rear-axle design. Thanks to engineering, it can roll over 3 feet of standing water (39.3 inches to be precise). So…does that make it an ideal investment for flood zones or perhaps Venice?
- Rumor has it that just 30 examples will be created, though none are intended for the United States market.
- Units will be hand-assembled with superior attention to detail.
- Do not expect fuel economy figures to be anything shy of atrocious. Something of this size and magnitude could tow the White House across town.
- The lavish interior matches the severe price tag. While the exterior communicates a behemoth, the cabin is all opulence with a bamboo-lined pickup bed to finish off the effects.
The promotional clip above shows the Mercedes-Benz G63 AMG 6×6 scaling rock at steep inclines, drifting and getting some serious air in some sand dunes. This is a rugged and aggressive beast fit for most any harsh environment. It would certainly be interesting to see it in action on ice and snow somewhere in the mountains!