Porsche has enjoyed a successful 50-year run with its iconic 911 model. To celebrate, it has unveiled the 911 50th Anniversary Edition. This special edition Porsche 911 is based on the Carrera S platform with a few key special features. Also new this year is the 2014 Porsche 911 GT3, which emerged at the Geneva Auto Show.
Over 40 repetitions of the 911 have been created since its inception
The Porsche 911 50th Anniversary Edition at a glance:
- Flat-six engine gets an upgrade to 430 horses via the Porsche Powerkit addition
- Power upgrade allows it to nail the 0-60 mile per hour marker in 4.2 seconds. If that is not enough power, buyers can opt for the 7-speed Doppelkupplung gearbox for a sprint time of 3.8 seconds. Top speed is estimated at 186 glorious miles per hour
- Aggressive wide body style reserved for the AWD Porsche Carreras
- Sport Chrono Package is part of the deal. This package offers a special performance display with digital and analogue stopwatches.
- Touch the Sport Plus button, and the steering and suspension tighten up thanks to the Active Suspension Management system.
More than 820,000 Porsche 911 cars have been sold in the past 50 years, making this a special milestone for the brand, indeed!