Not long ago, Dutch supercar startup Vencer began its quest to build a supercar. I made fun of the initial images of the Vencer Sarthe, because she deserved it and also deserved some tweaking. It seems that I was not the only one to feel that way, as the Sarthe is back and a lot less awkward following a bit of a re-imagining session.
These photos are showing the Vencer Sarthe in potential production trim. As you can see from the before and after photos, much improvement has been made to the Dutch darling.
The first round of styling cues were simply odd, forming an automotive alien that maybe zero people would want.
Not only has Vencer revamped the exterior of the Sarthe, they have fitted her with a brand spanking new engine. Let’s take a look at the specs below:
- The engine is a 6.3-liter supercharged V8 that was developed specifically for the Sarthe. The previous engine was also a V8, sourced from GM.
- Total horsepower is 622 with 618 pound-feet of torque.
- The 0-60 mile per hour jump is achieved in 3.6 seconds with an estimated top speed exceeding 210 MPH.
- The Sarthe features a traditional six-speed manual transmission powering the rear.
- The chassis is made from an interesting blend of chrome-molybdenum. Not only is it light, its honeycomb structure provides extreme durability. The body is total carbon fiber.
- Total curb weight is around 3,000 pounds.
Fun fact: The Sarthe was named after the French track that hosts the 24 Hours of Le Mans. Perhaps as an effort to communicate that she is a track-worthy option.
The attention to quality engineering is clearly on the right track with the Vencer Sarthe. The show continues into the cabin, where lush leather, carbon fiber trim and Alcantara greet the driver. In the technology arena, the Dutch have opted to use their own ‘Central Information System’, which is located on a screen rather than a standard instrument cluster.
The Vencer Sarthe is being produced at the rate of about one unit per month currently in Vriezenveen. Want one? The MSRP for the new lady is just $350k.