It would appear that Aston Martin has taken a marketing cue from the brains at Bugatti. Much like the Bugatti Legends Series set of cars, the Aston Martin Vanquish 60th Anniversary model is a limited edition that will be made in 6 different ways, with each a one-off. The first has been revealed, and she is certainly a fine specimen!
The Aston Martin 60th Anniversary Vanquish is to commemorate the anniversary of the Newport Pagnell factory in Milton Keynes, where dream machines have emerged for six decades. The special six Vanquish Anniversary cars will each be different, though those differences will be subtle. The genius behind this approach is that each of the six will reflect the decade it represents—meaning there is a car for each decade, which is pretty clever. Let’s get a closer look at the first installment of the collection and which models are to follow:
- The Aston Martin DB2/4 Mk II saloon represents 1955-1965.
- 1965-1975 will be embodied by the full-bodied DB5 Vanquish.
- Up next is the V8 Vanquish coupe to characterize 1975-1985.
- 1985-1995 will be summarized with the V8 Vantage X-pack car.
- Taking things up a notch from 1995-2005 shall be the V8 Vantage supercharged.
- Last but not least will be the original Aston Martin Vanquish herself to show where it all began.
Fun fact: The Aston Martin DB2/4 Mk II saloon features customized rotaries surrounding the instrument controls. The metal for each was derived from previous Aston Martin cars from the specified decades. It is packing the 6.0-liter V12 from the standard Vanquish, which translates to a 0-60 MPH jump of 3.6 seconds with a top-out of around 200.
The brand summarized the Aston Martin Vanquish 60th Anniversary collection as follows: “Celebrating the past, but pointing very much toward a bright and exciting future, too, these Vanquish models will, I’m sure, very quickly become a notable feature of the brand’s history at Newport Pagnell.”
Post by Imagine Lifestyles Luxury Rentals