Hypercar maker Koenigsegg is having a nice upswing these days, with its best hypercars selling and the new Koenigsegg One officially confirmed. Recently, a Koenigsegg Agera S sold for a jaw-dropping $5.3 million in Singapore.
The Koenigsegg Agera S
To put this large sum into perspective, the 950-horsepower LaFerrari hybrid is just over a million and the new Lamborghini Veneno costs $4.5 million. Koenigsegg is not what I would classify as an underdog, but they do not push out the volume some of the other exotic car brands unload. You could think of them as a rare specialty carmaker– everything is perfect and not many can claim to own a specimen.
The Koenigsegg Agera S at a glance:
- Top speed is 248 miles per hour and maybe a touch higher with the right driver.
- Aircore hollow carbon fiber wheels are intriguingly unique. They also set the tone for the heavy carbon fiber usage throughout the vehicle.
- Runs on Petrol.
- 1040 hp via a 5.0-liter V8 twin-turbo engine.
- Hits the 0-60 mark in 2.9 seconds
- Weight to power ratio: 1.24 kg/hp (dry weight)
- Removable and stowable hardtop for optimum versatility.
- It even offers a bit of luggage space–which is rare for a supercar.
- Available in right or left-hand drive.
Koenigsegg rolled out the red carpet for potential clientele in Singapore. There were 200 VIP guests invited to the product unveiling held at the Ritz Carlton Millennia hotel in June. The Koenigsegg Agera S was first introduced to the world back in 2012 and it is entirely handcrafted by artisans in Sweden.
Christian von Koenigsegg, founder of Koenigsegg, summed up the event nicely with the following statement: “It is with great pleasure that we launch the first Koenigsegg in Singapore today. Today’s launch means a lot to us as Koenigsegg has evolved from being a small and unknown car developer, to becoming a household name, revered for excellence and performance – competing head to head with the strongest brands in the industry.”
Post by Imagine Lifestyles Luxury Rentals