Lamborghini has revealed plans for a street legal version of the Gallardo Super Trofeo racer. The Lamborghini Squadra Corse is being dubbed the most extreme and fastest version of the Gallardo. Official details will emerge at the Frankfurt Motor Show this September.
In its most basic form, the Lamborghini LP570-4 Squadra Corse is a dialed-down Super Trofeo racecar that can be driven on the streets.
The Lamborghini Squadra Corse was named after the brand’s motorsport segment. Because it was designed as a motorsport model, it will boast the same robust engine as the Gallardo Super Trofeo with some aspects of the Superleggera.
The Lamborghini Squadra Corse at a glance:
- Power is derived from a 5.2-liter V10 engine
- The hood is removable, to reveal the beast beneath
- It hits the 0-60 mile per hour jump in 3.2 seconds
- Top speed is estimated at 200 miles per hour, though some claim it tops out at around 170
- Robotized e-gear six-speed transmission is operated by paddles, giving the driver full control of its power
- Permanent AWD system
- Carbon ceramic brakes ensure an easy stop from high speeds
- Carbon fiber wing
Overall, this extreme Gallardo is more than just a mass of muscle. The inside is coated with Alcantara and carbon fiber in glorious black and red hues for a sporty vibe. Buyers have the option of switching out the seating for racing style seats. As with most supercars, it is likely that buyers will have input during the ordering process, though custom requests will run the bill up astronomically.
Like its predecessors, the Lamborghini Squadra Corse hugs the road. It may be just the solution for those craving the power and prestige of a racing car with the option to drive it on that special night out…or anywhere for that matter! More details for this model will roll out after the Frankfurt Motor Show.
Post by Imagine Lifestyles Luxury Rentals