I have personally never been a Corvette fanatic—if you have seen one you have seen them all. My pessimistic view of that may slowly be altering after viewing the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray, however. The new styling sort of mimic the likes of Ferrari and the base price is shocking at around $50,000 USD.
2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
The 2014 Corvette Stingray has certainly undergone a complete makeover. The traditional Corvette has clung to its shape to the point of nausea, but the Stingray has always been something different. Even Maserati has managed to reshape their models a touch, nothing too dramatic, of course, but enough to continue to excite. The price point may be the biggest advantage for the next generation Stingray–with power comparable to leading supercars at a fraction of the cost. Let’s examine the base model Stingray and the available Z51 tuning package.
The base 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray:
- The base packs a hefty 6.2-liter LT1 V8 engine producing 455 horses. Adding the available high-performance exhaust will bring that figure up to 460 horses. The transmission is a 7-speed manual with an available 6-speed automatic. As exotic sports cars begin to remove the option of a manual, this is music to some ears.
- Curb weight is 3,298 pounds.
The 2014 Stingray Z51 Performance Package:
- For just $2,800 more dollars, the Z51 package is the route to go.
- This package provides enhanced suspension and electronic limited-slip rear differential.
- The high-performance tweaks are ideal for those who love to drive their cars, making them available for tooling around town or showing off at a local track.
- The Z51 package brings the 0-60 mile per hour sprint down to 3.8 seconds. This is competitive with the times of supercars like Lamborghini and Ferrari.
Post by Imagine Lifestyles Luxury Rentals