Every year, Ferrari fans and owners gather to compete in the Ferrari Challenge. It is a glorious series of races wherein drivers compete on world-class tracks without the need of racing credentials. Owning (or renting for the event) a supercar like a Ferrari is simply not enough without the opportunity to race it on the track against fellow aficionados.
The official car changes annually and is the only version permitted to race. This year’s model is the Ferrari 458 Challenge Evoluzione. Owners of the Ferrari 458 Challenge car can upgrade to this version in order to participate. Drivers will compete in the following categories: The Trofeo Pirelli and the Coppa Shell…which admittedly entices me to play a round of Mario Kart.
The schedule for the 2014 Ferrari 458 Challenge Trofeo Pirelli events has been released as follows:
- January 24-26: Daytona International Speedway in Daytona, Florida
- April 25-27: Sonoma Raceway in Sonoma, California
- May 16-18: Mazda Raceway in Laguna Seca Salinas, California
- June 6-8: Circuit Gilles Villeneuve Montreal, Quebec
- June 27-29: Le Circuit Mont Tremblant Mont Tremblant, Quebec
- July 11-13: Road America at Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin
- September 12-14: Watkins Glen International in Watkins Glen, New York
- November 7-9: Circuit of the Americas in Austin, Texas
The official car this year is the Ferrari 458 Challenge Evoluzione. The 2014 Ferrari Challenge races mark the 21st season of the event. It is organized by Ferrari of North America and sanctioned by IMSA.
Post by Imagine Lifestyles Luxury Rentals