The Devel Sixteen supercar appeared at the 2013 Dubai Motor Show. The car held a stage surrounded by banners making claims so bold that even seasoned exotic car spotter Shmee 150 was confused. Finally, the elusive one-off has been captured on video in the wild. Take in the short clip below and decide if you think that sounds like something with four times the power of a Bugatti Veryon Super Sport.
The video above shows the Devel Sixteen supercar hitting the street in Dubai. The sound is not the throat-ripping sound one would expect from a vehicle claiming 5,000 horses and a top speed of 348 miles per hour…it seems rather social and non-threatening cruising around its habitat.
- None of these bold claims have exactly been proven. I am not saying they are not true–I am just pointing that out because they are so difficult to believe.
- The engine is a sixteen-cylinder said to kick out 5,000 horses.
- The 0-60 mile per hour sprint is said to be 1.8 seconds with a top speed of 348 miles per hour.
- ‘Defining Extreme Vehicles Car Industry L.L.C.’, a Dubai-based company, designed the Devel Sixteen supercar.
- The looks are certainly fascinating. It is loaded with carbon fiber, of course, and enough sharp edges to slice into the imagination. But is it really as aggressive as the company claims?
It comes as no surprise that the Devel Sixteen hails from Dubai, the land of more. The competition for the fastest supercar, most expensive yacht, largest house and even the most prestigious license plate are never ending. Yet this tale seems a bit far-fetched for even Dubai. Thoughts?
The Devel Sixteen supercar, photo courtesy of Shmee150.