Fans of the Ferrari 458 Speciale have even more to be excited about. The nice lady has removed her top for the entire world to see, and it looks incredible! Not only is the Speciale now a convertible, she packs a few more Prancing Horses for good measure.
- She is packing a specialized 4.5-liter V8 capable of kicking out 597 horses and 398 pound-feet of torque.
- This is a tweaked version of the already amazing 458 Speciale. It boasts an aluminum drop roof that can be lowered in under 15 seconds. While it does add over 100 pounds to the overall curb weight, the extra power helps to combat that issue.
- The engine is paired with a seven-speed transmission with a twin-clutch and those adorable paddle shifters.
- Both the Speciale versions have Side Slip Angle Control (SSC). This assists with traction and rear diffs to combat the oops factor for inexperienced drivers.
- Even in convertible form, the 458 Speciale A can blast from 0-60 miles per hour in just 3 seconds. Yusss!
Fun fact: The Ferrari 458 Italia was first introduced back in 2009. While that seems like only yesterday, there could already be a successor on the horizon.
This may be the last of the naturally aspirated Ferrari V8 models as rumors progress that the next Horse could start the era of the turbo V6. Ferrari will create 499 units of the convertible Speciale, and yes, it will cost more for the lady to remove her top. Expect to pay north of the coupe’s $300k pricing and to be subject to the brand’s strict buyer screening rules. Or just bypass all that and rent a Ferrari from your friends at Imagine Lifestyles!