This could be the thirstiest looking Ferrari concept ever. The Ferrari F80 concept may have lost its limelight to the reality that is the LaFerrari, but this Prancing Horse most assuredly has got it going on in all the right places!
The Ferrari F80 concept at a glance:
- She was designed by Italian Adriano Raeli. Raeli is an Art Center College of Design graduate with a passion for all that is fast and beautiful.
- The powertrain would be a hybrid system pairing a KERS with a combustion engine. The estimated result would sit at around 1,200 horses, or equal to the Bugatti Veyron supercar.
- The V12 would be replaced with a twin-turbocharged V8 kicking out 900 horses. That engine mated to the KERS with 300 provides the 1,200 total output. Feelings vary on replacing that glorious V12, but it is the end result that matters, is it not?
- Curb weight for this nice lady would be a light 1,763 pounds with a 2-seat layout.
- Performance estimates are 2.2 seconds for the 0-60 mile per hour sprint with a top out of around 310. Yes, that is 310 miles per hour. Many supercars barely pass the 200 MPH mark, making this incredible.
- Still hating? The Ferrari F40 packed a twin-turbo V8.
The lovely Ferrari F80 is but a concept, but with such promise in the power arena and such a stunning shape, it would be a tragedy not to build her. With so much interest in LaFerrari and so many turned away from buying her, having something like the F80 around to dry the tears would be kinda cool.
The larger back wheels offer an aggressive countenance complimented by those thirsty intakes.
Extreme angles make this an unforgettable vision in red.