The price tag alone cannot be the deciding factor on the R8 GT spyder being the ultimate Audi, so let’s examine the rest of its features and components to see how it measures up against the standard Audi R8! Take a peek at our Audi R8 rental in New York for a refresher before you dive into the details!
Our black Audi R8 rental in NY
The 2012 Audi R8 GT spyder
The decisions are in the details:
• 2012 Audi R8: $114,000
• 2012 Audi R8 GT spyder: $220,000
• The R8 GT spyder is a hardcore roadster with an aggressive 5.2-liter DOHC V10 engine. This is how the R8 GT is able to compete (sorta) with the likes of the Ferrari 458 Italia spyder, Mercedes SLS AMG roadster and other sports cars—it destroys the 0-60 mark in 3.8 seconds with top speeds around 198 mph.
• The standard R8 packs a 4.2-liter DOHC V8 capable of a 4.4 second 0-60 sprint and a top speed of around 187.
• The R8 GT spyder features the same exhaust, gearbox and suspension as the standard R8. I suppose the old saying must have applied “If it ain’t broke—don’t fix it”.
• The GT version has a lavish (which translates to expensive) trim upgrade. Buyers will have to decide if the added power and trimmings are worth the extra $100,000.
• Just 333 GT spyders will crawl out of the factory, so the exclusive factor may help them find homes.
R8 GT spyder cockpit
GT spyder rear view
Standard Audi R8 rental
You can find our awesome fleet of exotic cars to rent here!
Post by Imagine Lifestyles Luxury Rentals