Now that the Jaguar Land Rover Special Vehicles Operations division has been formed, they are using ninja focus to perfect the sexy Jaguar F-Type Project 7 car. She is looking somewhat like the Jaguar XKR-S GT, which is not a bad thing.
The Jaguar F-Type Project 7 car has a pouty mouth and thirsty but nonaggressive air intakes. The shape is somewhat reminiscent of an Aston Martin, understated and elegant while still managing to be sporty. She is forming into a very attractive speedster, but let us examine what is lurking in the power and performance arenas to be sure.
- Power is derived from a supercharged 5.0-liter Jaguar V8 engine.
- The horsepower is capped off at 575, indicating it could emerge in more powerful versions in the future. That is 25 more horses than both the Jaguar F-Type R coupe and the XKR-S GT.
- The power is fed to the standard 8-speed automatic fare, which rockets the lady from 0-60 miles per hour in 3.8 seconds with a top speed of around 185 MPH.
- Upgrades include carbon ceramic brakes, suspension, carbon aerodynamic tweaking, an electronic active differential and rear torque vectoring.
- Total curb weight is a bit on the heavier side for a supercar, tipping the scales at 3,495 pounds.
- Fun fact: The original concept form of this ride was a single seater. It now has rollover hoops for both seats. All units will feature a removable roof.
There will only be 250 examples of this Jag created, at least for the initial production run. The model is a great way to celebrate the 60th anniversary of the Jaguar D-Type racer, which inspired the design process. Deliveries will begin next year and we can’t wait to see some of these ladies in action on the streets and tracks.