This seems to be the year of the replacement. Bugatti is finished with the Veyron and Lamborghini is replacing its long-running Gallardo. The final version of the popular Gallardo should be the Cabrera. But before the finality approaches, there is one more fierce Gallardo hitting the streets: The Lamborghini Gallardo LP 570-4 Squadra Corse.
The Lamborghini Squadra Corse is being billed as the most extreme street model in the Gallardo family, packing many of the same components of the Gallardo LP 570-4 Super Trofeo racer. The brand took advantage of the Frankfurt Auto Show to flaunt the new Gallardo supercar. Enough with the background details, let’s get down to what is under the hood.
The Lamborghini Squadra Corse pays hommage to the Super Trofeo racer, yet is street legal
The interior of the Squadra Corse is far from bare bones, though there is plenty of exposed carbon fiber.
The Lamborghini Squadra Corse at a glance:
- It packs a 5.2-liter V10 engine. The same racing style engine found in the Super Trofeo racecar.
- The brand says the engine and power output for the Squadra Corse streetcar will be identical to the racer. This is a rare treat.
- 562 horses
- This allows the Squadra Corse Gallardo to achieve a 0-60 sprint of 3.4 seconds.
- Top speed is around 200 glorious miles per hour.
- Power is delivered via an E-gear six-speed transmission with paddle shifters located behind the wheel.
- As you would expect, there will be a limited number produced. In fact, just 50 are going to be made, and are likely all spoken for.
- MSRP is an estimated $260,000 for the North America market.
- Quick release engine cover to reveal the contents to onlookers. This is a superb way for owners to show it off at various gatherings and auto shows.
- Carbon fiber rear wing and hood
The Squadra Corse boasts sharp lines and its country’s colors
Post by Imagine Lifestyles Luxury Rentals