As if the world was not aware of how amazing the Land Rover brand is, it was backed by more than 20 awards in the last year alone! The versatile and strong lineup of both old and new, revisited and revised offerings are as timeless as they are current and appreciated worldwide. Land Rover continues to be peppered with recognition and awards for what has been a very successful year. The next-gen Range Rover Sport has reached people on a whole new level and we can’t wait to see what is next!
The enormous amount of Land Rover accolades range from local to global, where fans, buyers and renters cannot get enough of the luxury SUVs. The Range Rover Sport is perhaps the most popular and customized offering from the badge. Some examples of the recent awards received by Land Rover include the following:
- Best Large SUV from Car and Driver
- Best Luxury SUV at Middle East Motoring Awards
- The Range Rover Sport snagged about 5 awards for SUV of the Year from Evo, ME, Wheels, Automan, Auto Sport and likely many more.
- The Range Rover Sport also won Car of the Year for 2013 from numerous publications.
- While it is 2.5 inches longer than the previous Range Rover, the wheelbase has 7 more inches. Don’t worry, the size change does not diminish performance.
- This nice lady packs a 3.0-liter supercharged V6 or an optional 5.0-liter supercharged V8 engine. The diesel offering is not available stateside.
- The V6 Range Rover Sport produces an impressive 340 horses with a 0-60 sprint of 6.9 seconds.
- The V8 option kicks out 170 more for a full 510 in the stable.