Lexus Toyota has been captivating the auto industry since the glorious LFA supercar concept first shook things up back in 2005. Flash forward to 2014 and the brand is still making waves with their modern yet also futuristic design cues. The Lexus LF-C2 concept hit the stage at the LA Auto Show recently, providing a glimpse of things to come. While some are still adapting to that shapely grille–it does tend to grow on you.
The Lexus LF-C2 concept boasts a special multi-layer paint that reflects light in just the right way. It is science.
According to Jeff Bracken of Lexus: “The LF-C2 concept shows what is in store for our brand’s future design direction. It shows consumers around the world Lexus’ devotion to emotional designs as well as our passion for an exceptional driving experience.”
The distinctive grille design on the Lexus LF-C2 carries over from previous models, but the overall look is more provocative. Let’s take a look at the little stunner:
- The first thing that stands out is the fresh white leather seats inside. The LF-C2 it is a convertible and the brightness pops.
- The layout is a 2+2 with the following dimensions: 186” long, 72” wide and 55” tall. This is like the RC coupe.
- Sweet LED lighting and quad exhaust tips announce power and a capable engine.
- What engine that will be is not yet known. Most assume a V8 or V10 like the LFA and others.
- Remote Touchpad system.
- That hot white sport style seating will look great with any exterior hue.
- New things: Rear combination lamps and braided mesh grille.
The drop-top GT Lexus LF-C2 pushes the pedal down toward future design in LA.
Overall, the LF-C2 is stunning on the inside and out. The chief designer of the concept, Yasuo Kajino, summed up the project nicely: “We’ve been instinctively drawn to and inspired by those things that capture the beauty of light. When you put something in the right light, people see it in a way they never have before.”