The Los Angeles Auto Show is in full swing, and Mercedes-Benz showed up in something a bit more eye-catching! Behold the yellow Mercedes SLS AMG Black Series in all of its glory. Loud, hot yellow does not work on lesser beasts, but coating an SLS AMG, it is a vision that cannot fail. This comes on the heels of the SLS AMG GT3 special edition, follow link for full details.
Meet the 2014 Mercedes SLS AMG Black Series!
Typically, yellow tends to pair well with a coordinating racing stripe, however, there is no space on this model where such a trend would look appropriate.
The front is simply fantastic.
Carbon fiber accents serve to modernize and lighten the load.
The wheels are exquisite. It will be interesting to see which aftermarket tuners get their hands on this model for a few high-performance tweaks.
Carbon fiber pops up almost everywhere on this model.
SLS AMG Black Series tail lamps.
The lines have been revisited and updated.
The gullwing doors remain.
This should be carbon fiber. Fail for the fuel cap.
2014 AMG Black Series specs:
- Upgraded AMG 6.3-liter V8 engine
- Kicks out 622 horses with 468 pound-feet of torque
- This is the most powerful AMG with a combustion engine (The SLS AMG Electric Drive boasts 740 horses).
- Destroys the 0-60 marker in a mere 3.5 seconds. It takes longer to string a sentence together.
- Top speed is around 196, though I am sure that figure will be tested and retested.
- Features an AMG SPEEDSHIFT DCT 7-speed transmission with dual clutch (C, S, S+ and M).
Post by Imagine Lifestyles Luxury Rentals