The current most expensive yacht in the world is the History Supreme. The History Supreme is valued at $4.8 billion dollars—that is more than double the most expensive home, which is a mere $2 billion. It also eclipses the 2nd most expensive luxury yacht, ‘Eclipse’. Eclipse is owned by Russian billionaire Roman Abramovich. Let’s get to the bottom of what makes this superyacht worth billions. Hint: it has something to do with the ship’s bottom.
The competition for most expensive yacht gets more extravagant every few years. With the current winner worth $4.8 billion dollars, we can’t wait to see future contenders for the title
The History Supreme is comprised of precious metals, including a gold lining over its robust belly. Who in their right mind would create a ship with a gold underside, knowing how relentless the salty sea is on stronger materials? Overall, the yacht features over 100,000 kg of gold, platinum and other precious metals.
Notable amenities found on yacht History Supreme include:
- Unique statue crafted from T-Rex bone. True story.
- Miniature meteorites
- Gold plating. Imagine how reflective this must be on a sunny day at sea. How erosion is kept at bay is a mystery. Precious metals coat more than half of the luxury vessel.
- The bottom, deck area, dining areas, rails and anchor are all covered with a thin layer of gold. The sleeping quarters feature platinum.
- This yacht spans 30 meters in length
- She was designed by Stuart Hughes and took dedicated minds 3 years to complete. Hughes has an impressive resume that includes other high-end items like cars, beds, computers and other lavish living spaces.
- That artwork on the master bedroom walls is actually crafted from meteoric stone and an aquarium with 68 kg of 24 carat gold. That could prove to be relaxing.
- For those who prefer a nightcap before turning in, there is a very special treat: a luxury liquor boasting a rare 18.5-carat diamond.
- This yacht features all of the above, and all of the expected amenities that accompany a luxury liner.
Overall, while it is certainly living large, History Supreme lacks key features that Roman Abramovich’s Eclipse packs: a private submarine, awesome watersport toys and a missile defense system. These facts make yacht Eclipse decidedly more 007 and ready for action, while History Supreme seems more suited for the ‘indoor types’.