Look at the finished product of collaboration between Hyundai and a group of IED (Instituo Europeo di Design) students. Dubbed the PassoCorto, it is a rendering that would make an ideal supercar complete with both jaw-dropping looks and a powerful powertrain.
While the PassoCorto does not exist, it certainly should! Students from the Instituo Europeo di Design seem to have proven that the current generation are not exactly the lazy, uninspired types so many assume them to be. So will the PassoCorto be making an appearance at the Geneva Motor Show this year? Some think it will grace the stage at the popular show in model form.
It is a shapelier Lamborghini Aventador with hypnotic wheels.
The PassoCorto model is a model of what the young automotive designers feel their generation will long for and purchase. The lines are fluid with a signature exotic vibe, and I am hard pressed to find a fault with the rendering.
The PassoCorto Hyundai concept at a glance:
- While it does not possess an engine, specs call for a 1.6-liter mid-placed bi-turbo four banger.
- It would be a good old-fashioned gas-guzzler. It has the fresh and modern look of a potential hybrid, and an alternate powertrain could always come into play.
- It is RWD and boasts a carbon fiber monocoque chassis.
- The overall curb weight would be 1,850 pounds. The power-to-weight ratio is unknown, but not likely to beat the Koenigsegg One.
- Instead of a rear window there is a rear-vision camera. Clips captured from the camera can be shared if the driver chooses to do so.
- The racing style cockpit separates the driver from the passenger, making it an ideal date car for those who prefer to avoid conversation.
The body shape and bright orange coat should attract plenty of attention even in model form at the Geneva Show next month.
Post by Imagine Lifestyles Luxury Rentals