This year’s Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance has much in store in the exotic auto auction arena. There are 25 cars on the block that are all expected to net over a million each. One in particular, a 1953 Ferrari 375 MM spider, is expected to go for over $9 million USD. Depending on the number of bidders, this number could go up even higher.
How much will change hands to own this rare 1953 Ferrari 375 MM spider? We must wait until Pebble Beach to find out
The sale will be held by upscale auction house RM Auctions during the Pebble Beach festivities in August. The rare Ferrari has an interesting racing history and a few extra perks.
The 1953 Ferrari 375 MM spider at a glance:
- It was commissioned by Jim Kimberly, heir to the Kimberly-Clark industrial fortune. Kimberly was a gentlemen racer.
- The car featured pontoon fenders for optimum brake cooling.
- Kimberly did not want the standard Ferrari red. Instead, he custom blended his own red so that his car would stand out among other Ferrari cars on the track and road. The color was named Kimberly red, fittingly.
- The 375 MM spider participated in dozens of races and was victorious in many of them.
- The new owner of this rare gem will get ownership records dating back to its birth, which increases the value of a collector car of this nature.
The reason this car is expected to sell for so many millions is because Ferrari prices have been steadily inflating for over a decade. These types of classic collector cars are meticulously preserved and will never be made again. The opportunity to purchase cars like this does not happen often, as collectors tend to store them and pass them down through generations. For these reasons, it can be decades before the public sees vehicles like this, and the spectators at Pebble Beach will certainly be in awe!
The rare Ferrari can be seen in the video above, along with some history from the family who has owned it for 45 years. The custom red paint job is called Kimberly red, a color Enzo Ferrari liked so much that he painted several of his own cars in the hue.
Post by Imagine Lifestyles Luxury Rentals