The next generation of the Audi R8 is here, holding true to form with minimal styling changes. The tweaks for the new lineup are barely noticeable, lurking mostly in the power and performance arenas. Exterior alterations were kept at revised LED lighting, rounded exhaust pipes and revised bumpers. New trim options will be available for the cabin. The R8 still snags hearts with that oversized greenhouse and dazzling shape.
The 2014 Audi R8 lineup at a glance:
The Audi R8 V8 coupe base model:
- Starting price of $114,000
- The same 4.2-liter V8 engine delivering 430 horses
- Manual transmission with optional S-Tronic gearbox
- Achieves a 0-60 jump of 4.4 seconds with a top speed estimated at 188 miles per hour
The Audi R8 spyder:
- Features the same V8 engine paired with the S-Tronic transmission
- Special Sport mode and paddle shifters
- The convertible version manages to hold the same 4.4-second 0-60 MPH sprint time as its coupe sibling, which is rare.
- Base price begins at $128,000
The Audi R8 V10 spider:
- 5.2-liter V10 engine
- Produces 525 horses over the standard V8
- Achieves the 0-60 MPH sprint in just 3.6 seconds. That is quite a difference from the V8’s 4.4 seconds!
- Top speed is estimated at 190+. This figure could surpass the 200 marker with the right venue and driver.
- Starting price is a cool $175,000. Toss in some sumptuous Napa leather and it goes up to $164,000.
The Audi R8 V10 Plus coupe:
- This is the official beast of the 2014 Audi R8 lineup
- There is no drop top option available for this one
- A smaller fuel tank, carbon ceramic brakes reduce the curb weight and take it up to 550 horses from 525.
- S-Tronic transmission
- Rear diffuser and spoiler, adaptive magnetic ride suspension
- This one shaves a bit off the 0-60 jump at 3.3 seconds with a top speed of 197 miles per hour.
- Aside from power, one can tell it is the V10 Plus model thanks to special carbon fiber trim located in various places.
- Starting price is around $171,000
Post by Imagine Lifestyles Luxury Rentals