The 2015 Bentley GT V8 S may be a mouthful, but it is certainly spectacular! Every inch a Bentley, the GT V8 S manages to appear both luxurious and sporty, a heady medley that is sure to pave a road to successful sales.
The 2015 Bentley GT V8 S takes the stage at the Detroit Auto Show
The 2015 version seems more compact and congealed; I would imagine it handles with optimal control and responsiveness. Bentley has been occupied with reducing the bulk associated with their cars, as they did with the Continental GT V8. This could be the brand’s method to holding onto clients who now gravitate toward luxury sports cars that are a bit smaller and achieve better fuel ratings.
So what are the differences?
Yes, all Bentleys pretty much look the same overall. But with the new GT and GT S models, the power output is higher and the body is slimmer. Under the hood is an object of lust: a 4.0-liter twin-turbocharged V8 kicking out 521 horses and 502 pound-feet of tantalizing torque. No, it is not as much as the W12 cars, because it does not need to haul all that curb weight around. You can think of it as an evolution in power.
The 2015 Bentley GT V8 S at a glance:
- Ultra-responsive 4.0-liter twin-turbocharged V8
- 521 horsepower
- This model achieves the 0-60 mile per hour leap in a staggering 4.3 seconds
- Top speed is an estimated 180 miles per hour
- The transmission is an 8-speed automatic with improved throttle response and faster, seamless shifts
- The Bentley S cars are 10 mm lower to the ground and boast blacked out grilles
- To further separate them from their more subdued siblings, they have a more prominent front splitter and a thirsty-looking intake
- We love the finishing touch: those 20-inch wheels with hot red brake calipers peering out
The GT V8 S does not skimp on the details
Post by Imagine Lifestyles Luxury Rentals