There is now a name to go along with all the rumors for the Bugatti Veyron replacement. Reports indicate that the next supercar from the brand could be the Bugatti Chiron and that she will be packing in the power department!
It gets better
Amid previous reports that the company will not increase the Bugatti Veyron’s 1,200 horses, the Chiron could house as many as 1,479. That would be thanks to a revision of the Veyron’s current quad-turbocharged 8.0-liter thirsty W16 engine. The extra power could even come from the addition of at least one, perhaps more, electric motors. Is Bugatti jumping on the alternative energy train? So long as the power keeps coming, I am fine with it.
- It would be a letdown if the Bugatti Veyron successor failed to deliver as much excitement, so things seem to be on the right track.
- The engine could be the tweaked version of the Veyron’s with electric motors factored in, as stated above.
- To comply with newer emission standards, she could get a direct-injection combustion deal to replace the multi-point system in the Veyron.
- Even more interesting is that there could be electric turbochargers replacing the traditional set.
- Like her sibling, only 450 examples of the Chiron will be produced.
- The Chiron is in the concepting phase, enduring extensive engineering tests for a hopeful 2016 reveal. If anyone happens to spy one of the 5 test mules out there, please share with us on our Facebook page!
Rumors are circulating that the Bugatti’s Veyron successor will receive the name “Chiron”. The name stems from the 1999 Bugatti 18/3 Chiron concept created by Fabrizio Giugiaro. It is thought to be a nod to Bugatti racing driver Louis Alexandre Chiron (1899-1979).
Post by Imagine Lifestyles Luxury Rentals