Another expensive Ferrari is up for grabs! A classic Ferrari Berlinetta is expected to change hands for a mere $4 million. It is one of just 74 examples created by the brand and will hit the auction block on Friday, January 18th, 2013. This sale comes on the heels of the recent Ferrari Berlinetta auctioned for hurricane relief, which marked the first new Berlinetta sold Stateside.
The next classic Ferrari is set to make headlines! How many million will it take to own this precious slice of Ferrari history?
Just the specs:
- Chassis No. 1905GT
- Engine No. 1905GT
- 3-liter V12 280 bhp single overhead-camshaft engine
- 3 Weber 36/40 DCL6 carburetors
- Hits the 0-60 marker in less than 6 seconds
- Top speed of over 150 miles per hour
- 4-speed manual transmission
- Independent front suspension with parallel A-arms and coil springs
- It is the 17th of 72 aluminum-bodied competizione examples and has multiple FCA Platinum awards
This 1960 Ferrari 250 GT SWB Berlinetta Competizione has only had four owners in 52 years. It has also undergone a refresh by Wayne Obry in 2010. A similar classic Ferrari sold for over $3 million last year. Within current market conditions, this model is expected to surpass that price and become one of the world’s most expensive cars.
According to auctioneer Shelby Myers,
“There is nothing that trumps the magnificent style, drivability and sound of the 250 SWB Berlinetta.”
You do not have to drop a few million to experience a classic car, check out our vintage car rentals! We also offer the latest and best from all the top brands, including Ferrari and Lamborghini. Grab the wheel for your next special occasion for far less than you think!
Post by Imagine Lifestyles Luxury Rentals