Top 5 Condo Buildings in Chicago
Imagine Lifestyles Chicago has done their due diligence to reveal the top 5 condo buildings in Chicago. We did not take this list lightly, and were a bit selfish when putting it together, by only picking places WE would want to reside in ourselves. It turns out that 4 of the 5 finalists are hotel condominiums, and the reason for this is pretty clear: Service and amenities.
1. Trump International Hotel and Tower- We’ve written a great deal about Trump lately, however you can never have too much of a good thing. This place has it all. River North really is the chic place to reside now, and everything you need or want is within easy walking distance. The condos are very generous in size and have a sleek contemporary design. At 1,389 feet tall, the building is the 2nd tallest in the United States. This height makes for some serious panoramic views of the Chicago River and skyline. The amenities are full service, and you have full access to everything Trump at the snap of your fingers. The spa is one of the finest in the city, and the fitness center is the most expansive I have seen in any condominium. The fact Trump International Hotel and Tower is also beautifully aesthetic is what sealed it’s location at the top of the list.
2. The Elysian- Imagine bringing a Vegas hotel and putting in the middle of Chicago’s Gold Coast. The presence this hotel/condo has to offer is incomparable. You actually feel as if you are driving on the Champs Elysees and through the Arc de Triomph to approach the lobby. The residences have the feel of vintage Paris with all of the modern luxuries the most discerning owner could desire. Of course you also have all of the features of the uber-glamorous Elysian hotel at your fingertips.
3. Park Tower- Another hotel/condo makes our list and this one is the oldest building of the bunch. When construction finished in 2001 this tower was by far the most coveted condominium in Chicago. It still tops our leader board with its amazing Michigan Avenue location, spacious floor plans, and world-class restaurant, NOMI. Since it sits atop the Park Hyatt, it provides all of its residences with the service and prestige you would expect from this hotel chain.
4. Palmolive Building- Old world elegance made a full comeback when the original Palmolive office building, turned Playboy Tower, turned Palmolive condominiums was launched. The opulence of this historic Michigan Ave landmark deserves a place on our top 5 strictly for the historical factor. However, the developers went above and beyond to bring Chicago a truly unique experience. The vintage charm was preserved yet blended with today’s most modern and high-end finishes. This structure also has the unique position of being at the curve of Lake Shore Drive, which provides for majestic views of Chicago’s lakefront, beaches, and skyline.
5. The Ritz Carlton Residences- Even though this ultra high end hotel condominium isn’t slated for delivery until mid 2011, I feel confident enough that it will meet the qualifications to make our list. The curb appeal that it will bring to the corner of Erie and Michigan Ave. will stop all Mag Mile tourists in their tracks. The 1 bedrooms will begin at $1.25 million and the penthouses will expand to more than 6500 sf. The residents and their guests will also have exclusive access to the Ritz Carlton Landmark Club. Here they can unwind in the fitness center or spa, make use of the private chef, store their favorite vintage in the temperature controlled wine cellar, or use the party room or private screening room. I can only imagine this property will deserve it’s own full page write up on Imaginelifestyles.com once it’s complete.
If you’re looking to move or maybe purchase that perfect in-town, there are certainly homes for sale in our top 5. However, if you want to experience the high life without dropping over 7 figures, contact Imagine LIfestyles Chicago Luxury Rentals. Imagine Lifestyles can satisfy all of your luxury rental needs for a fraction of the cost. Whether you want a luxury exotic rental car, or to charter a yacht on Lake Michigan, live The Life with Imagine Lifestyles.
Post by Imagine LIfestyles Luxury Rentals