For those unfamiliar, the Mastretta MXT emerged as a concept in 2008 and hit production a few years later. It is the firstborn of Mexican exotic sports car startup Mastretta and it has now been given even more power. While Mastretta’s primary focus has been on South America, the eye of Mordor has shifted toward European expansion and the planned power increase should assist.
Thoughts on the overall look and feel of the Mastretta MXT? The next generation of the newcomer is slated to emerge by 2015.
The next-gen Mastretta MXT at a glance:
- A Ford 2.0-liter EcoBoost will replace the 2.0-liter Ford Duratec. Yes…the one from the Focus ST.
- The more economical engine is tuned to produce 252 horses and 270 pound-feet of torque. This coupled with a weight reduction offers a more powerful MXT.
- The MXT already tips the scales at a svelte 2,200 pounds, so the weight reduction will likely come from using extremely lightweight materials like more carbon fiber.
- If the smallish hood did not give it away, the engine is mid-mounted.
- It is unknown if Mastratta will do away with its 5-speed manual in favor of an automated deal.
- Plans for a revamped front view are also in the mix.
Overall, the Mastretta MXT came off the jump at full speed but still has some road ahead of it. The performance specs should continue to improve but it is the appearance that is truly screaming for attention. While it certainly looks like an exotic sports car, it seems to be suffering from a bit of an identity crisis. It looks like the offspring of a very sloppy auto orgy gone awry, perhaps the favorite models of its creators. I hope the design department finds their stride and solves this crisis before the next generation rolls out, which is expected to occur next year.
The identity crisis continues to the name…which is somewhat close to Maserati.
Post by Imagine Lifestyles Luxury Rentals