The legendary motorsport beast that is the McLaren F1 GTR has been around since the mid 1990s. Now it seems a worthy successor is taking the lane while it makes the inevitable pit stop: Meet the McLaren P1 GTR. Poised to take over, the P1 GTR is even more beautiful and aggressive than her predecessor.
As if the McLaren P1 hybrid was not potent enough in the power arena, the badge has introduced the P1 GTR at Pebble Beach. The unexpected surprise improves upon a perfection.
The McLaren P1 GTR at a glance:
- This fast lady need not adhere to pesky rules regarding road legality. She packs an F1 worthy powertrain upgraded to impeccable standards.
- It is a specialized 3.8-liter twin turbocharged V8 engine.
- The exhaust has been altered from the standard McLaren P1. It is now a straight twin pipe rather than a single exit.
- She is based on the McLaren P1 road car, yet geared specifically for track-only use. Components include racing tires, revised ride height, massive rear wing, ERS-style push pass system and revamped aerodynamics for power increase.
- Carbon fiber chassis is continued from the McLaren F1 GTR. There are also nods to the potent McLaren 650 GT3 racer.
- The standard P1 is capable of achieving the 0-60 mile per hour jaunt in 2.6 seconds. Therefore, expect jaw-dropping numbers from the GTR version.
- The mammoth rear wing features a drag reduction system dependent on hydraulics. Coupled with ideal downforce, the P1 GTR is likely a threat to the racing scene.
The McLaren P1 GTR has only just been introduced at the lavish Pebble Beach show. More details as far as pricing and availability will soon be available.
Post by Imagine Lifestyles Luxury Rentals