The 2016 Mercedes-Benz AMG GT is sweeping the globe with exciting appearances. The video below shows the AMG GT hitting the track at the Bonneville Salt Flats, take a peek at her in action!
The video above shows the AMG GT hitting the salt flats. The green striped wrap that “falls” off to reveal the yellow coat is cool, but the colors should have at least complimented each other. The throaty growl at the end makes up for that oversight.
The Mercedes-Benz AMG GT
- Power stems from a beefy 4.0-liter twin-turbocharged V8 engine.
- It is paired with a seven-speed dual-clutch transmission mounted on the rear axle powering the rear wheels.
- The end result is a healthy pack of 456 horses ready to take on road or track.
- The 0-60 mile per hour sprint is achieved in 3.9 seconds with a top speed of approximately 189 MPH.
The Mercedes-Benz AMG GT S
- This version is powered by the exact same engine, but tweaked somewhat.
- She produces 503 horses and nails the 0-60 MPH marker in 3.7 seconds.
- Top speed is around 193 MPH.
- The engine used in the AMG GT offerings is known internally as the M178. It is a ‘hot inside V’ configuration. The two turbochargers are located inside of the V setup, creating a more compact engine.
The cabins carry the aviation theme over from the Mercedes-Benz SLS models. From the wing-inspired dashboard to the detailed controls, it is a cool design inside and out. As one would expect, this Mercedes-Benz is equipped with the best technology and controlled with an 8.4-inch touch screen. The Mercedes-Benz AMG GT will arrive first, followed by the GT S version. There could be a more aggressive Black Series emerging down the road! Stay tuned.