The Mercedes-Benz Vision GT is perhaps the most stunning concept ever created by the brand. While it was assumed that the Mercedes-Benz Vision Grand Turismo shall exist only in the virtual realm, the Vision GT could actually be gearing up for an unconventional production run.
The rumors and confusion about the real car were ignited by a James Edition post. The post is offering a shiny new Mercedes-Benz Vision GT for $1.5 million. The company behind the sale is Florida based J&S World Wide Holdings, which has a vision to build the Vision on the chassis of the Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT.
What the real Mercedes-Benz Vision GT would be like:
- J&S World Wide would use the SLS AMG GT chassis as a base and carbon fiber for the body. That goes a long way toward explaining the lofty asking price and also to reduce pesky curb weight in favor of power.
- The final product would tip the scales at a full 200 pounds less than the SLS AMG GT, which is comprised of mostly aluminum and bulky steel.
- Performance cues will be the same 6.2-liter V8 found in the SLS AMG GT mated to a seven-speed dual-clutch gearbox.
- Output should be faster than the 591 horses of the SLS due to weight reduction, with a 0-60 mile per hour sprint beating the 3.6 seconds.
- Holding true to the glorious concept renderings, it would boast a special chrome paint and be perched upon custom ADV.1 wheels.
It is unclear if the enterprise of building the Mercedes-Benz Vision GT concept is legal or real, but J&S World Wide is no stranger to this sort of thing. The company has already built the street-legal Batmobile tumbler, the Tron cycle and other fabulous fare. Reports indicate that there are 5 Mercedes-Benz Vision GT cars on order, so we shall just wait to see what unfolds!
Post by Imagine Lifestyles Luxury Rentals