Purchasing an exotic car involves much more than the bare-bones asking price. Buyers must filter through lists of factory options that can be quite exorbitant. Here are some of the most expensive luxury car options out there–and there are certainly more where these came from!
The Rolls Royce Phantom coupe Starlight Roof option dazzles and drains!
Some of the most shockingly pricey exotic car add-ons and options include the following:
- If you would like a cool carbon fiber cup holder in that Ferrari, add on $3,533. Would that make the beverage a bit harder to swallow?
- Rolls Royce has highlighted its fabulous Starlight Roof option for the Phantom coupe. It is an exquisite addition, and will leave the buyer seeing stars at $12,350.
- Close to that figure is the Blind Spot Warning System for the Infiniti QX56. This feature is listed for an additional $12,750. One could purchase a decent starter car for a 16 year-old for that price.
- Brakes are always an expensive part of any exotic car. The specialized Nissan GT-R V brakes are $50,000. Owners of this car enjoy running it on the track, which could prove to be a dangerous habit for the savings account! For comparison purposes, when I drove the Lexus LFA on the track a few years ago, they told me that a set of carbon-ceramic brakes for it were approximately $10,000.
- Buyers of the Ferrari 599 GTO can add attractive detail called “Historic GTO Stripes” to the car for an extra $9,500.
- The Lamborghini Aventador options can add up faster than the car can hit 60 miles per hour. The park assist feature includes front and rear sensors and a rear view camera for just $4,900. Want a transparent engine bonnet? That will just be $7,550. Most of the exterior paint options are the same bargain rate of $14,000.
- The Porsche 918 takes add-ons to the extreme. Spyder Magnesium wheels are $32,500, some of the exterior paint options are a staggering $63,000 and a Porsche Speed Charging Station is a cool $22,100. It is hardly surprising that the car costs around $850,000 after adding options.
- Last but not least is the famous Bugatti Veyron. A carbon finish on this beast is $300,000. So that is where part of that million dollars goes!
The nondescript carbon fiber cup holder in the Ferrari
Carbon fiber finish is fantastic
Bugatti Veyron with carbon fiber finish
Lured in with an appealing base price, sucker-punched with irresistible options…totally worth it overall? Perhaps!
Post by Imagine Lifestyles Luxury Rentals