The car is the Bugatti Veyron Grand Sport Vitesse and it is the world’s fastest exotic convertible, bending time and minds with a 0-60 sprint of 2.5 seconds. That type of sprint is unheard of for many cars, let alone a convertible! Once the polycarbonate roof of the Vitesse is removed, the power does not drop with it!
The Vitesse appears heavy and elongated, but is fully capable of destroying speeds unattainable by most coupes.
The Bugatti Vitesse can reach speeds of around 233 miles per hour, which is still trumped by its coupe sibling, the SS at 264+. The top speed of the award-winning Lamborghini Aventador is 217 miles per hour, though some claim to have taken that figure higher.
5 facts about the 2013 Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport Vitesse
5. It features an 8.0-liter quad-turbo W-16 engine kicking out 1,200 horses and 1,106 pound-feet of torque. Yes, please.
4. The transmission is a seven-speed dual clutch automated manual
3. It destroys the 0-60 mark in 2.5 seconds. This range of speed is unprecedented by an exotic convertible–but not a complete shocker coming from a Bugatti.
2. The Vitesse can reach incredible speeds: up to 233 miles per hour as tested so far.
1. If you want one in your arsenal of collector cars, it will cost $2.5 million smackaroos. Deal with it.
The Bugatti Vitesse Veyron is among the most expensive units produced, with a base tag of $2.5 million USD. A new set of wheels for this model runs around $30,000…but just think of the gas money one can save at 9 city and 14 highway!
Post by Imagine Lifestyles Luxury Rentals