After skipping a 2013 model year, the 2014 Audi R8 is back with a new look and attitude. The new R8 packs an even greater adrenaline rush with high-performance upgrades and a higher price to match them! In sleek V8 coupe form, the Audi R8 will skim a mere $114,900 from the old savings account. Note: That is just the starting price, without fancy add-ons, the $1,250 destination fee or the lofty $3,000 gas-guzzler tax…gulp.
After taking a year off, the 2014 Audi R8 supercar is back in full effect with more power and more options
Since the debut of the Audi R8 sports car in 2008, the price has only climbed a total of $5,900 USD. This amount does not seem particularly significant, especially when you compare it to the fluctuations of the Nissan GT-R, which has risen exponentially. It is standard procedure for the price to rise along with the power, though sometimes the hike is a bit extreme. The Audi R8 seems to be staying on track to attract a viable and extended customer base that can afford an exotic sports car, but not exactly a Lamborghini Aventador.
The 2014 Audi R8 at a glance:
- V8 version: 4.2-liter FSI engine producing 430 horses
- V10 version: 5.2-liter FSI engine with 525 horses
- Special V10 Plus version: 5.2-liter FSI engine with 550 horses
- The V8 and V10 versions are available in both coupe and drop-top, though the special V10 Plus is offered as a coupe only.
- The V10 Plus version is $170,545
- The drop-top versions are an additional $13,500
- The S tronic automatic gearbox is an additional $9,100 for all models
Special V10 lurking under the hood
Post by Imagine Lifestyles Luxury Rentals