Some say the company was secretive about the release of the new Aston Martin Lagonda Taraf, but the mystery machine is sold exclusively to those invited to buy only—so why waste all those precious marketing dollars? They sort-of made mention of an upcoming sedan at a brief point, but said nothing in regards to the powertrain or interior…because it is likely that you cannot have one.
The Aston Martin Lagonda Taraf follows some of its exclusive siblings like the One-77 and was made available only to loaded clients in the Middle East, and only by invitation. Invites are going to be extended to some in the UK, Hong Kong, Singapore, South Africa and most of Europe according to reports, but not to the United States.
The Lagonda Taraf sedan at a glance:
- She is the first production model to wear the Lagonda name in about 30 years.
- The super sedan is packing a 6.0-liter AM29 V12 engine.
- Exact performance specifications have not been released, but it should be close to the Rapide S or One-77.
- Pricing is also still a mystery, with a vast opening guess between $500,000 and the $1.7 million dollar tag on the exclusive One-77.
- Just 200 examples shall be crafted, likely all invite-only. That is a touch more than the 77 units of the Aston Martin One-77 that were made, which could mean a lower price.
Aston Martin CEO Andy Palmer summed up the secret sales event quite nicely: “I wanted to be able to offer this exceptional saloon to the potential owners from around the globe who have been enquiring about it, and I’m very happy that we have been able to expand the Lagonda proposition.”
Post by Imagine Lifestyles Luxury Rentals