Details are finally out of the stable for the latest Prancing Horse: The Ferrari 488 Spyder will replace the much-adored 458 with her own set of perks. While the official debut for the machine is slated for the 2015 Frankfurt Auto Show in September, we all know that secrets are tough to keep in this industry!
The short clip of the Ferrari 488 Spyder above will make a believer out of you: Just listen to that delicious throaty rumble!
The Ferrari 488 Spyder at a glance:
- The engine is a pristine 3.9-liter turbocharged V8, though the horsepower has been jacked to 660 with 560 pound-feet of torque.
- Unique retractable hard top folds neatly into 2 overlapping flush sections over the engine. Word is that it can be controlled in about 14 seconds.
- Space frame chassis
- Seven-speed dual-clutch gearbox and Side Slip Control 2 to keep her on the road.
- Aerodynamics and drag have been meticulously addressed to ensure similar performance to the hardtop standards.
- The center console is now a sort of central tunnel, making all of her gadgetry easy to access in the cockpit while operating.
- Design house Pininfarina had no hand in this model, though the distinctive styling cues from previous projects did carry over. The relationship between Ferrari and Pininfarina has always led to incredibly beautiful features and flow.
All of these changes coupled with revisited cosmetics allow the Ferrari 488 Spyder to achieve speeds over 200 miles per hour. The not to 60 mile per hour sprint is hit in 3.0 seconds, with 124 miles per hour reached in 8.7 seconds. We expect the 488 Spyder to take center stage at the Frankfurt Auto Show next month and give gearheads worldwide something to talk about for quite a while.
The official Ferrari 488 Spyder launch teaser: Thoughts on the choice of exterior color?
Post by Imagine Lifestyles Luxury Rentals