In just a couple of weeks, the 2009 Frankfurt Motor Show is scheduled to take place, launching a mix of new motor trends for people to wrap their brains around and chatter about. Among those featured will be the BMW Vision EfficientDynamics Concept, set to join its siblings, the BMW ActiveHybrid models-the X6 and X7. BMW will be showcasing its new ActiveHybrid technology as part of its initiatives to rollout the green carpet.
EfficientDynamics was initially conceived as an electric plug-in hybrid, and designed partly by Bimmer’s famed Motorsports division. The end product s a combined 1.5-liter turbo-diesel and two electric motors complete with a lithium-polymer battery pack.
This concept design is not unlike similar plug-in hybrids already in various stages of development, but the look and feel of Vision EfficientDynamics differentiates it among competitors. BMW is flexing some serious green specs-similar to the Hulk:
• Mid-mounted 3-cylinder 1.5-liter turbo-diesel
• 163 horsepower
• New 6-speed double-clutch transmission (DCT)
• Capable of driving 31 miles on electric power alone
• Make that 431 when combined with the combustion engine, at 62 miles per gallon!
• 0-60 miles per hour in 4.8 seconds
• Comfortably accommodates 4 adults
• CO2 rating is still subject to official approval, but rumored to be 99 grams per kilometer, and 50 grams when driving in all-electric mode
We are looking forward to the Frankfurt Motor Show and all of the buzz it will generate and exciting new concepts for the future of exotic cars, luxury rental cars, and BMW rentals that will become available.
Post by Imagine Lifestyles Luxury Rentals